“I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.”
- Rosalia de Castro

Friday, February 25, 2011

¡Qué guapos sois! El día de andalucía

Today at our school we celebrated el día de andalucía (Andalucia Day). The day commemorates the joining of Andalucia to the autonomous region of Spain and is celebrated all over Andalucia. We ate a traditional Andalusian breakfast, which consisted of toast with olive oil, orange juice, and of course, cafe con leche. After breakfast we came to the back patio and the celebrations began! Students were dressed up in los trajes de gitanas (traditional flamenco outfits), and let me tell you they were a sight for sore eyes. I am pretty biased in thinking that my students are the cutest kids on the planet, but today definitely confirmed that. No competition :). They carried small flags and other drawings symbolic to Andalucia. There was singing ("Al Andalus" by my fifth and sixth graders and the hymn of Andalucia by my first and second graders), dancing, story telling, and even a skate show! I was proud to be a part of this special day.


With my amazing bilingual coordinator, Susana!










Me and Keri, the other auxiliar!



Here is a short video of my first and second graders singing the Hymn of Andalucia. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IqhH97dsRo

No comments:

Post a Comment