“I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.”
- Rosalia de Castro

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Heart That Loves is Always Young

















































I got to spend this Valentine's day with a special first grade class in Alhaurin de la Torre. My students made valentines for my friend and college roommate's kindergarten class in North Carolina. Each student made a heart shaped valentine card with "Happy Valentine's Day" on the front and a message in English on the back. Their faces lit up when I told them that students in America would be receiving their cards and in return they would each receive a valentine from a student in Mindi's class. Of course I had to show them the world map to remind them where North Carolina and the United States are located. It was a wonderful day :).

No comments:

Post a Comment