“I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.”
- Rosalia de Castro

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Navidad, Navidad, dul-ceee Navidad!














The Christmas season is alive and thriving in gorgeous Malaga. The streets are filled with people, lights are all around, and portraits of the nativity scene and los tres reyes magicos are everywhere you look. There are stands set up all throughout the city with special Christmas sweets. A Christmas market is open by the beach with tons of unique and cheap gifts. It's wonderful to experience the Christmas season in another country but it also makes me extremely thankful for my own family, friends, and traditions at home.

Words cannot express how excited I am to go home for a few weeks. The thing I am most excited for is to be able to share Christmas with my family. Christmas is my favorite time of year but it just doesn't seem real without them. I prayed so much that somehow God would provide a way for me to get back to them for Christmas...and He provided (not surprised :)). So tonight I embark on this very long journey back home. I will take the 11pm overnight bus to Madrid, arrive at 5:20am tomorrow, and fly out at 10:45am.

Here are a few pictures of life in Malaga during Christmas. I lost my camera about a month ago so these are googled pictures...but they are accurate :). Have a blessed Christmas everyone! Feliz Navidad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment