“I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.”
- Rosalia de Castro

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

El Dia de Accion de Gracias





Thanksgiving is in the air and what a wonderful week it has been. I have been a little sad about the fact that I won't be home for Thanksgiving this year- no turkey, no honey ham, no mashed potatoes, no apple pie, none of grandma's famous cranberry fluff, etc. However, I have been "celebrating" Thanksgiving all week long by teaching my students about this awesome holiday. Part of my job is not only to teach the English language but also to teach the American culture. I had an amazing time doing crafts with the kids, teaching the history, and sharing a little piece of home with them. The below pictures are some of the crafts that I did with the first and second graders. The first graders colored pictures of turkeys and the second graders painted "turkey hands" (we all remember doing that in school). For the older kids, I put together a power point explaining the history of Thanksgiving and pictures of different things we eat and different things we do (including watching American football...they loved this). It made me happy that the kids were so interested and enthusiast.

Tomorrow we are off to Scotland for the weekend!! :) I'll be sure to post pictures. Miss you all and I'm thankful for you!

Love, KA







No comments:

Post a Comment