“I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.”
- Rosalia de Castro

Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's times like these when you learn to live again









What a crazy\busy\amazing week it has been. Jessica and I arrived on Sunday and on Monday night we met the rest of our jet lagged American friends in the program. We had a welcome cocktail which was fun- full of free wine, sangria, and of course tapas. We got to know each other and shared stories of our adventurous journey to Spain. The week that followed was full of orientation meetings where we discussed cultural differences we might encounter, learned about our role as language and cultural assistants in Andalucia, and practiced our Spanish through review sessions. We also were able to take a tour of Sevilla, to see the Alcazar (a royal palace in Sevilla that was originally a Moorish fort), and to see a beautiful flamenco show. The Sevilla night life wasn't too bad either! I think it's safe to say that Sevilla definitely sneaked its way in and stole my heart. But the best part of this week was the friendships that I made. I am very excited to travel around Spain to visit them in their different towns. Until then, I have to start getting my life together here in Málaga.

We arrived in Málaga yesterday by train. My first impressions were that it looks like a bigger version of Alicante; right on the Mediterrian, very modern, very touristy, etc. After wandering around I found things about Málaga that make it so unique. I'm looking forward to settling in and making this place home.

Will update more soon. Missing and loving you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment