“I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.”
- Rosalia de Castro

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

God's Promises

Welcome to the first entry of my travel blog :). I tried to keep a blog while I was studying in Alicante but didn't keep up with it very well. This time I am determined to keep it up. I hope you all enjoy.

I've been thinking a lot about how unbelievably faithful God is. I went on my first mission trip to Mexico in 2006 thinking that I would bless God through service. I had no idea that God would bless me so much through that trip and that he would completely break my heart for Mexico and the people in it. Ever since then, my heart has been poisoned for travel. He whispered a dream in my heart that summer and then reminded me of that dream a year later on my second trip to Mexico- a dream of living in a Spanish speaking country and teaching English to children. At the time, and for a few years after, I believed that Mexico was the place where God was calling my heart. I still believe that one day I will be back in Mexico again, but God led me to beautiful Alicante, Spain where I spent a semester living with a Spanish family and studying at the local university. I never thought that I would return to Spain to teach English but God has proven faithful once again.

When God puts a promise in your heart, he will see it through. Until the promise has been fulfilled, He blesses us with signs or gentle reminders that we can hold on to. These signs can come in all forms. Reflecting, I thought about the signs that He gave me. One that really stood out to me was when a dear friend sent me this verse:

"Now listen, daughter, don't miss a word:
forget your country, put your home behind you.
Be here—the king is wild for you.
Since he's your lord, adore him." Psalm 45:10-12 (The Message)

Looking back I can see the many times God tried to remind me that He would fulfill the dream inside my heart. Now I am weeks away from reaching my dream and I can hardly wait. I want this blog to be an encouragement to those of you with dreams in your heart. If God put them there, then He will complete them. Until then, pray for the signs and hold on to the reminders that He is at work within you.

I leave you with this verse:

"May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed." -Psalm 20:4

Until Next time! Saludos!

Kerianne

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to follow along and hear all about life in spain! :) good luck. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is exciting!!! cant wait to hear all about it! tq!!!!

    ReplyDelete